Google Camera Settings: “Mod” section
«Custom libraries» – modified google library to get a better photo in comparison with the original google library (according to the author of the custom library).
Additional modules settings
«Disable this Lens» – disables the button for switching to this module at the bottom of the camera preview.
- «Saturation» – saturation adjustment.
- «Sharpness» – Sharpness adjustment (Unsharp Mask).
- «Denoise» – setting noise reduction.
- «Dehazed» – elimination of “haze” in the photo
- «ChromaNoise» – adjust color noise.
- «Smoothness» – setting smoothing (alignment).
- «MaxISO» – maximum ISO
- «Spatial» – Noise reduction: The higher the negative values, the less detail is captured at the minimum scale.
- «Exposure» – The higher the value, the fewer the highlights. High values are recommended for photos in strong lighting. Low values are recommended for low-light photography.
- «Exposure Dependence» – Actively adjusts the brightness of the photo. The higher the value, the clearer the photos will be. There is no default, each scene can behave differently.
- «Vignette» – The lower the value, the darker the edges of the photo. Serves to hide noise around the edges. The higher the values, the lighter the edges. Excessive values can cause noise around the edges in dark areas.
- «Shadow Light» – Basically it controls the light that exists in the shadows, the higher the value, the more the shadows are restored.
- «Overall Lightness» – Adjusts the brightness of the photo. Generally, the higher, the brighter the photo.
- «HDR overall llightness и HDR effect Intensity» – Less is less HDR effect
«Camera2API level» – Supported hardware level. Each level is complementary to the previous level and is always a strict superset of the previous level. HERITAGE <LIMITED <FULL <LEVEL_3. Support is determined by the system libraries. Google Camera requires a level not lower than FULL to work.
«HDR+ device» – choosing a model to run a specific photo processing algorithm in google library (affects the quality of the final photo).
«Quality Enchanced HDR+»
«Correction (exposure / iso)» – Correction Algorithms Exposure/ISO:
- «x2 exposure» – increases the exposure by 2 times, reducing ISO.
- «x4 exposure» – increases the exposure by 4 times, reducing ISO.
- «x6 exposure» – increases the exposure by 6 times, reducing ISO.
- «x8 exposure» – increases the exposure by 8 times, reducing ISO.
- «max exposure» – maximizes the exposure (maximum exposure = 1 sec.), Reducing ISO to 100. If the limit “Limit for” Max Exposure “” increases the exposure to the installed limit.
- «x2 ISO» – increases ISO 2 times, reducing the shutter speed.
- «x4 ISO» – increases ISO 4 times, reducing the shutter speed.
- «x6 ISO» – increases ISO 6 times, reducing the shutter speed.
- «x8 ISO» – increases ISO 8 times, reducing the shutter speed.
- «max ISO» – Maximize ISO, reducing the shutter speed. If the limit “Limit for” Max ISO “” is installed. “Increases ISO to a fixed limit.
«Limit for ”max exposure”» – limit for the «max exposure» corrector.
«Limit for ”max ISO”» – limit for the «max ISO» corrector.
«Frames HDR+ enhanced» – selection of the number of frames involved in the creation of the final photo.
«RAW format for HDR+» – the choice of the RAW format for creating a photo (auto \ RAW10 \ RAW16) may affect the quality of the final photo. Support for formats defined by system libraries.
«Shasta factor (bracketing)» – algorithm for “highlighting” dark areas in the photo (at high values it may not work correctly)
«Merge method » – method of gluing frames to obtain the final photo:
- 0 – default gluing method.
- 1 – the “superresolution” method is forcibly turned on
- 2 – default method + bracketing support.
- 3 – it removes noise best, also supports bracketing.
«Fix ColorTranform» – A color conversion matrix used to convert the sensor’s RGB color space to the linear sRGB color space.
«Modified Noise Model» – Noise model coefficients for each CFA mosaic channel.
«AWB Correction» – white balance correction to normalize the color temperature of the photo, bringing it to neutral.
«Black Level» – black level offset for each tile channel of the color filter arrangement (CFA). Specifies the zero illumination value for each of the CFA mosaic channels in the camera sensor.
«Exposure compensation» – adjusts the illumination of the final photo.
«Astro Max Exposure Time» – sets the maximum shutter speed for photos in astro mode.
«Default Astro activation» – when turned on, astro is activated taking into account the level of stabilization of the smartphone.
«Video Stream Configs»:
«CustomSession Enable» – activation of a custom session for video mode.
«CustomSession ID» – choice of custom session ID (individually for each device):
- Poco f2 pro – 61444 for 60FPS
- Redmi Note 9 Pro – 32772 for EIS(A11).
- Poco x3 – main 61444, wide (1080p) 32781
- Mi8 – 32772 for 30FPS, 32828 for 60FPS
- Razer Phone2 – 262141
- Rn9pro – 32772
- Xiaomi Mi9T Pro – 61444
- Mi10t pro – 32772
«Smartphone» – forced detection of the device, regardless of how it is defined in build.prop.
«Interface» – activation of various modes and algorithms for photo processing, depending on the selected interface. Affects the quality of the final photo, as well as the stability of the modification.
«Viewfinder Format» – choice of camera preview format, for devices with cam2API = full level, choose JPG format, for devices with cam2API = level3 – YUV format.
«JPEG Compression» – adjusts the compression quality of the final photo, the higher the%, the larger the file size. The optimal choice is 97%.
«Antibanding mode» – The anti-banding function should reduce fluctuations in the brightness of frames caused by fluctuations in the light source and the exposure control algorithm.
«Force DigitalZoom» – activation of zoom buttons instead of modules at the bottom of the camera preview.
«Enable OpenGL preview» – camera preview implementation using OpenGL algorithms. Must be enabled for Android 9.
«Auto Night Sight» – activation of the ability to take night shots in normal photo mode and portrait mode.
«Focus Tracking (Photo)» – activation of the mode of fixing focus on an object with subsequent tracking of this object. For this function to work on devices with the CAM2API = full level, you need to activate the GL preview.
«Enable Motion Photo» – activation of recording a short video when creating a photo for subsequent playback in the Google photo application instead of a preview photo. For this function to work on devices with the CAM2API = full level, you need to activate the GL preview.
«Save config» – saving the settings configuration (/downloads/MGC.8.1.101_Config/)
«Load config» – loading a saved configuration of settings (possibly from any disk space)
«HDR+ control» – activation of the HDR + selection button (no HDR+ \ auto HDR+ \ HDR+ enhanced)
«Use instantaneous HDR+ Enchanced» – Replaces Auto HDR+ and HDR+ enhanced with a new HDR-NET mode (Auto HDR + with photo highlight correction).
«Use a third-party gallery» – activation of the gallery selection by clicking on the “gallery” button.
«Video resolution (Front camera)» – choice between 720p \ 1080p
Stream Configs Slow-mo
«CustomSession Enable» – activation of a custom session for Slow-mo.
«CustomSession ID» – choice of custom session ID (individually for each device)
«Enable profile» – activation of profile editing Slow-mo
«CamcorderProfile» – for operability on most devices, you should set (audioBitRate=16000, audioCannels=1, audioCodec=AAC, audioSampleRate=8000, fileFormat=MPEG-4, quality=HIGH_SPEED_LOW, videoBitRate=5Mb, videoCodec=hevc, videoframe=1080p for 120FPS\780p for 240FPS )
- Channel with updates: @ModBSG
- Technical chat: @BSG_googlecamera
- Group for your photos: @MGC_Photography
- Channel with configurations: @Configs_channel
This is not the final version, the description of the settings will be constantly updated and supplemented.